Wednesday, February 22, 2012

DIY Bubble Toys

We finally got a warm spring-like day here and Caity, my 4 year old, wanted to play outside.

 It was still pretty muddy so I set up this bubble invitation for her and her friend on our balcony. And since I didn't have any bubble wands or toys to play with, I threw together some items I had laying around and created a couple homemade bubble toys.

Here is the bubble invitation with the sensory bin full of soapy water. I provided some colored water for them to play around with, a turkey baster, a couple of single straws, and two DIY bubble toys made of plastic cups and straws. NOT PICTURED is the bubble wand I made out of a jumbo Popsicle stick and a pipe cleaner. That can be found below in the next set of pics.






I thought they worked quite well, but more importantly, the girls loved them.


Adding some color with the turkey baster.

Big one!


Bubbles blown with a single straw.


This is the bubble wand I made. Caity just had to touch the film! Bubbles are always so magical to little ones!




Thanks for visiting my blog! Check out my Facebook page by clicking the tab at the top of the page.

2 comments:

  1. Looks like a lot of fun! How did you get the straw to stay attached to the plastic cup?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great question! I didn't do anything special really, just made the hole slightly smaller so the straw was nice and snug, but the kids could still detach them and use them in other ways if they wanted to :)

    ReplyDelete